Dynamic seals are sealing elements that move relative to each other. These seals are distinguished by their applica-tion in translational (back and forth) motion, in rotational (turning) motion or in a combination of both motion types.
They are used to prevent mass transfers between two components moving relative to each other (from one space to another) or to reduce this to a minimum. Typical examples for the application of dynamic seals are in hydraulic cylinders or the sealing of rotating shafts.
Limits to the application of dynamic seals depend on many different parameters and can therefore vary quite strongly.
Major roles, for instance, are attributed to:
- Speed of movement (stroke speed or rotational speed)
- Media to be sealed off (water, air, oil, etc.)
- Sealing performance level
- GLevel of pressure difference between two spaces to be sealed from each other
- Temperature difference
- Degree of pollution to be excluded
- Expenditures and assembly efforts
- Practical relationship:
– Quality of the contacting surface
– Suitable match between contacting surface and seal material
– Stability of the sealing material against the medium to be sealed off
Dynamic seals overview
We manufacture slide ring seals for applications in hydraulics and pneumatics in several designs
- Rod seals: single-acting or double-acting
- Piston seals: single-acting or double-acting
- Rotary seals: internal or external sealing
- with and without O-ring in a slide ring set
We manufacture and deliver tapes, including guiding belts made of non-metallic materials for applications in hy-draulics and pneumatics. Different designs are possible:
- Straight joint
- Diagonal joint
- Overlapping joint
The lengths are cut off the roll.
We manufacture cuffs mostly as V-ring sets in several designs:
- Least pressure V-ring set
- Low pressure V-ring set
- High pressure V-ring set
- Extreme pressure V-ring set
Different combinations of materials and packing heights are possible.
We manufacture diverse seals and cuffs made from a large variety of high-performance plastics in several designs. These include for example:
- Collar seals
- Radial shaft seals
- Shaft seals with PTFE lip
- Lip seals
- Clamp seals
- Hat-shaped cuffs
- Cup-shaped cuffs
We will be happy to advise you in the manufacture of cuffs and seals made from PTFE.
Product pages – dynamic seals
We have put together a selection of dynamic seals for you on the following details page.
We look forward to your request!
Do you have a specific question regarding dynamic seals from different high-performance plastics?
Please use our request form or get in contact with us directly.
Discover our product competence.
With our products navigator you can get to the product you are looking for quickly.